Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let the Train Run

Yesterday I experimented and planned; today I ran the train round the loop, seeing how many times it could go before a problem stopped it. Other than power problems that would make Mr Scott despair, things went all right. Mostly excessive gaps from the cool weather, and I'll have to wait for the warmest days to see how much expansion there is to deal with first.


3 GP40s moved the ninety-three boxcars (and one caboose) past the camera. Stretching almost a scale mile, it still doesn't take up half of the loop, and is much longer than what I plan to run "normally". Maybe occasionally...

The jotting on the foam gives a but of hint to what goes (or will go) where, and I did it mainly for my own sanity, as there were so many stray lines there.

In this long, long string there are only two duplicates; you'll have to wait for the video to spot them, but a hint: they are near the back, and one is weathered...

No comments:

Post a Comment