Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The track crew was out again...

Another update on the progress of the loft layout:


Re-aligned and Replaced Mainline

I removed a slight jog from the foreground (left) track, and replaced the vintage section of track with smoother Peco flex track to improve the alignment of the track (right). The push pins show where the work was actually done...


Preparation for crossover and freight house siding

As part of the work to improve operation interest and facilitate the replacement of the vintage flex track, I cut the gaps for the turnouts into the mainline. The goal was to complete the preparation work for switch motors as well...


One switch motor mounting pad (of two)


...unfortunately I only manage to get one complete before time ran out, so I will need to do the other when I place the turnouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment