Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Track variations

Adding some more crossovers

The more I run trains, the more I decided I wanted to add some variety to the areas of the layout outside of the yard; a siding for the freight house (oh yeah, did I mention a freight house?) and maybe a rural industry track. To have those I would need additional crossovers to allow the trains to work those effectively, so planning and making some changes have begun:


The sub-roadbed location for a new crossing.


Freight House Siding

Some track to allow for local deliveries to the freight house that will soon be joining this scene, and maybe a team track...


The view from the station area

You can see the freight track and one of two new crossovers in the distance

Roughing in the town





To put it all in perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment